Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

is life difficult when a person is overweight?

Favorite Answer

It is from a personal point of view.  I'm talking about having to haul around a lot more weight than your body is used to carrying.  Imagine having to haul around a 30 pound backpack all day every day.  You never get to take it off.  Your legs get tired.  You tire more easily than those thin, athletic types.  You have to limit your pursuits to fit your less than ideal health, like inability to walk long distances or stand for long periods.  You have to have a sit-down job, and sit-down hobbies.  Your life can get pretty limited.  I started making my choices of which restaurant I would go to for lunch based upon which ones had a drive-thru window so I wouldn't have to get out of the car.  My vacation plans to go places like Colorado to go hiking in the mountains vaporized because I can't walk very far any longer.  So yes, life is difficult when you are overweight.  Your chances for employment become smaller because, like it or not, companies want a pretty, slim girl at the front desk and don't want someone who they perceive will have a lot of health problems, and thus sick days.  Then there is the fashion dilemma.  It's hard to find good looking business clothes in plus sizes.  And not something with a large boat neck that makes clothes hang off your shoulders as if you had the neck of an elephant. I know it's all my own fault.  After all, it's all about what you put in your mouth.  But it cant' be changed instantly, and healthy food is hard to find when you eat at fast food restaurants and don't cook much.  Then you get diabetes and the medical bills are outrageously high, eating up all the money you might have saved for a vacation trip.  And the doctors prescribe you medicines that make you even fatter.  So yes, life is definitely harder, and more narrow and limited and hopeless the older and fatter you get.

The teenage years come with all types of modifications, so it's regular to face some emotional America and downs. If someone is suffering from a higher weight, it may upload to those emotions.

Of route, now not all people who are obese are worried or disenchanted approximately it. Lots folks recognize assured, satisfied those who are overweight — and thin, suit insecure individuals. But because humans frequently sense pressure to look a positive way, teenagers with weight issues may additionally sense bad approximately themselves.

If you're overweight, you may sense pissed off, angry, or upset. Being privy to difficult emotions is step one in coping with them.

It takes exercise to understand feelings. Sometimes they can be so surprising and powerful that it is tough to type out precisely what you feel. The elegant manner is to pause and pay interest for a moment when you first notice yourself feeling disillusioned. Try to name what emotion you are feeling without judging your self. Say to yourself, "I sense indignant [or sad, or frustrated]."

If you're upset but are not quite sure why, it may assist in talking to a person you consider, like a close pal, family member, or a therapist, talking things over also can help human beings figure out a way to deal with your feelings.

If it's hard to talk about your feelings or you believe you studied human beings may not understand, maintain a journal, draw or paint, or do something else that allows you sort thru hard emotions. The higher you are taking the time to discover your feelings, the more skilled you come to be at handling feelings as they arrive up. That can make it less complicated to find solutions to troubles.

Depends on how overweight and how fit a person is. I am 5'5 and weigh 180 but my life ain't hard at all. I lift weights so I am strong so its not hard at all to carry the weight around. My stamina is pretty decent too. I am on my feet hour hours at a time at work and I never take the elevator even if I have to go up and down the stairs like 15 times in a row to move stuff because I just don't need to. I can easily walk for hours if I need to. I often go for 90+ minute walks and am not tired out at all. I am more fit than most, if not all, thin people I know. Exercise goes a long way. 

And I can sit in seats easily. Like plane seats or at the movie theater. That's not an issue at all. I ain't that big. 

Now on the other end, my mom is obese and she is always in pain, cant fit into every seat, gets winded easily etc and her life is more difficult. Shes about 80 pounds heavier than I am. That level of obesity is always going to make someones life harder. 

yes because you get bullied

for getting seats in planes and cinemas, yes

Yes, very much so. I was skinny most of my adult life. Then a couple of years ago, my health crashed so bad that I couldn't move around very good and the weight crept up on me. Now I rarely leave my home and do so in great pain. Everything is difficult.

yes. big fat stumpik and jiggle when walk

It can be but not always. It may cause depression and possibly getting bullied. It’s all on the mindset you put yourself in. If you tell yourself you’re fat and disgusting everyday your life will probably become more difficult because of how you view yourself but if you embrace your body and love yourself you’ll feel beautiful.

No, there's plenty of over weight people in the world and my life is no more difficult because of them.