Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 2 months ago

Chest Pains?

Hi, I’m a teenager (female) and I sometimes get random chest pains. They’re sort of stabbing but not enough to send me to the hospital or even go to the doctors office. It’s really uncomfortable though. It only happens in my chest thought no where else. 

Also would something like Advil help?

• Edna

You've probably pulled a muscle somewhere in your chest wall. That could cause random stabbing pain in your chest, especially when you move. 

You're a young female; and even if you were having a heart attack, females rarely experience stabbing pain in the chest. In a female, it's more of a continuous, very intense "burning" sensation in the center of the chest, in the area of the sternum. It's not random - it's continuous!.  

are you on birth control pills or not?

the combined so called low dose pill

can cause blot clots in the lungs , legs

or even in the brain and gives pain in

the head , lungs and legs

Ok thanks for letting us know.

Try taking Pepto Bismol the next time you get them. Could just be heart burn.

• Mercy

DEfinitely see the Dr!