Someone Rang my doorbell at 3 AM? I'm very scared!?

I was asleep, and someone tang my doorbell at 3 AM. I checked out my blinds on the second story and saw a car sitting out front. The doorbell only rang once. It freshly snowed. I went downstairs and saw the car suspiciously loop around It sat outside my neighbors looking in. Did not see the person.

The next morning I checked and there were absolutely NO tracks.

I know I wasn't dreaming because I went downstairs to check and the car was still there. Plus I audibly heard the doorbell.

Is it possible this was a paranormal experience? I think maybe aliens. Or, possibly being vistsied by a beavecoon. Or, was it as my drunk uncle Nate puts it, "the perfect crime"?

This was 5 days ago.

It was none of those things, it was just your imagination. 

• Dr. NG

Unless you live in Washington State it could not have been a beavecoon as they live only in Mount Baker National Forest. Drop the "I'm very scared!?" when retelling your tale. It's just not that scary and guys (or gals) are not supposed to be so easily frightened.

As you say "Someone Rang my doorbell at 3 AM?" not something paranormal or alien (extraterrestrial).

Young kids looking for someone and not sure if they had the right door, hence the single ring. They turned around for a quick getaway in case someone came out to play holy hell with them for ringing the bell at 3 AM. The light snowfall continued during the night and covered the tracks. Ringing the doorbell is not a crime even at 3 AM but is a civil offence If you have a "no callers" sign on your door. Your uncle is probably suffering from reality due to lack of alcohol. 

You can dream sounds too you know.

Definitely not paranormal.  Too scary to be anything paranormal, even if it was a dream.

And no, no you're not 100% certain you weren't dreaming.  Yes I know you were awake when it happened, and you're still not certain.  Nobody ever said dreams only happen when we're fully asleep, and if anyone did say it they were completely wrong.

The first thing you should have done at 3 am would be to call the police and report that there was a suspicious car outside and your doorbell just rang. Let them handle it. Should it happen again do just that. Better safe than sorry. 

• ?

No. It wasn't a paranormal experience. Not aliens. Not beavecoon.

Probably someone who had a bit too much too drink and thought they were somewhere else (an incorrect address).

No need to be paranoid.

• Mick, you claimed to have foretold Rutger Hauer's (note spelling) death in a dream, even though at the time he was still alive. Or maybe you just don't know what the definition of the word "premonition" is?