My external hard drive isn't responding?

recently i was using my mass storage external hard drive and I deleted some files in it,so they went to the recycle bin,but before make the recycle bin empty i plugged out my external hard drive (WD) and now it doesn't work anymore. when I plug it in i can see it in my (this pc) but not with its real name,instead it says local disk H and it doesn't show the space using bar and it won't open,my recycle bin won't open either (when my external hard drive is plugged in) ,my disk management won't open,when I right click on the drive nothing works(for example if I click on properties nothing happens),chkdsk won't work. I have very sensitive and important data on it but I can't access it.Please help me,what should I do?

• keerok

So what you're saying is that you disconnected the USB hard disk while it was still working with files? Hahaha! You just killed it!

• Ariyan2 months agoReport

It wasn't working at a time. it still works completely fine when I plug it into my tv

• David

Sounds as though the drive or the case circuitry was damaged when you removed the drive before it had finished read/writing. Try a new cable first, if no better  remove the drive from its case and try it on another computer, you may be able to get your files, otherwise send your drive to some data recovery specialists, but they are not cheap

• Ariyan2 months agoReport

I tried it on other computers and it has the same problem,but I plugged it into my tv and it worked fine