Anony2567 asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

Can chronic sinusitis be treated effectively with nasal rinses and steroid sprays?

I dont have an infection but still swollen I  my nose and weak sense of smell and taste 8 weeks after my acute infection. Doc said it's going to take a while to get it under control but everything should go back to normal. 

Has anyone here had a similar experience? If so, what works? Thank you.

• Tavy

I had it a few months ago, it took over 2 months to clear up. Give it time,

• Blonde

Yes, I had dental work done, on an upper eye tooth. The root had cracked and an oral surgeon had to dig it out. After surgery, my face was so swollen, and yeah..effected my sinus cavity, I couldn’t breathe out my nose, I developed a knot of infection and a huge swollen black eye...I went back and he gave me a Zpac and told me to try to sleep sitting up so it could drain. I found ibuprofen and Benedryl worked on reducing the swelling and reduced my body’s histamine defense system so I could breathe. It worked, but I had partial face paralysis for about two weeks. My suggestion, therefore, is to take Benadryl until your swelling goes down and your body’s histamines calm down.