what is the lead teacher’s problem ?

So here’s the deal I work as a paraprofessional I also work side by side with a lead Teacher. she started at the beginning of the school year in August and i started at the end of october. with me starting late I wanted to start and try to build relationships with our students so after a while me and the students began to have a close relationship because of me taking the time to get to know them. while she sat sits her desk. so recently she has been in competition with me over the students liking her. for example everyday I sit at the same table with my highschool students helping them with homework. and yesterday out of no where  she just leaves her desk that she is always at and joins the table and takes my sit i normally sit at. it felt  so awkward so i went to go help another student at another table . today was the worse for example i notice every time when she sees a student talking to me and having a good fun time with me she will call them over to her and make them stop talking to me and make them sit by her how do I handle her jealous and competition behavior ??

• g

"...every time when she sees a student talking to me and having a good fun time with me she will call them over to her ..." They aren't there to have "a good fun time" but to do their homework and focus on their studies. Maybe students having fun with you is actually a distraction for others who are trying to study?

How do you handle this in future? Accept her redirects with grace and professionalism. Consider discussing with the teacher what your assignments are and how to best address your duties.

She is afraid the students will pick up your poor spelling and punctuation skills.

• y

You don't, you learn from it, becouse my guess is that there is a bigger picture type thing that you are not seeing/understanding about this behavior. I doubt it is the petty jealous and competition behavior you believe it is.