Should I give up hope for not getting a callback?

My high school is doing a musical for the movie Grease! I auditioned for the two days like everyone else, but callback lists were sent out my name wasnt on it. I was trying for the part of Rizzo! I felt like I sang and dance super well, at least better than the other girls who were trying out for the same role. But if so, why wasn't my name on the list? The directors said you could still be cast without being on the list, but I just had my heart set on that specific role. Do you think I could still get the role I'd like without a callback? Please help.

• y
    Favorite Answer

I have seen that happen, that they already had a role in mind for one so they didn't put them on the call back list. But I have also seen the not on the list, didn't get a part thing. If you have a relationship with whomever is in charge, ask. Even if you don't it might not hurt.

Through my daughter and her friends and such, I have more then a decade of these thing. Most of the girls, with their friends backing them up, were as good as if not better then the others. When another girl also says that, some of your supporters will support them in the same manner. You all have your strengths and weakness. Many of the kids I saw were amazing, most of them are. Don't/stop the comparing thing to the others, make friends, be supportive of all of them, never judge. You'll be amazed in the long run how many will become good friends and have your back.

It honestly depends. At my school it usually means a no

• Cogito

Call-backs are held when the casting director(s) aren't sure about who to cast for each role.  

Not getting called back either means they've already decided to cast you - or not to cast you.  All you can do is wait and see what happens.

If it helps at all, even top professionals have to go through this!

• Joe

Probably not.  Maybe you can try out for lighting and set design...

doesn't sound hopeful