Growth Plate Injury?

Hi. I am a 17 year old guy. I had a really late puberty and I have grown around 2 inches in 3 months. I am still growing rapidly in my growth spurt. Recently I was playing basketball and as I was running down the court and a kid stuck his knee out and the side of my knee hit his knee directly. As soon as it happened the pain wasnt too bad, but it is still a bit painful/hard to move a few hours later. I was wondering if this could affect my growth, especially considering its my most potent growing time. I dropped a picture to show the are that is painful. I may have just bruised it. Does bruising a bone stunt growth plate, as much as a fracture does? I am really worried, so any input would be fantastic. Thanks!

Favorite Answer

stop being a big girls blouse and man up wimp boy 

No, it will not affect your growth.  If that were true then nobody would ever grow as kids are always hurting themselves.