Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Do people play up on anxiety too much? ?

I ask because i don't believe anxiety is caused by external things. Its always thoughts that cause it by believing them to be true. Like for example if I'm nervous in a group, its not factually making me anxious in reality but only thoughts about it are. Because other people might be completely calm and happy in a group. I think people are playing the anxiety card too much these days as excuses, my friend for one who is 24 and smokes weed all day and depressed and refuses to work because its "wage slavery" he says he's got PTSD from his dad dying and being abused as a kid mother. He says because of that he cant work or better his life etc. But again i know people who have been raped multiple times as a kid or been hit and smacked around and they've achieved a great life and succeeded. So bad actions don't cause suffering in long run because of that example. Are people using anxiety as an excuses now days?

Favorite Answer

People use both mental and physical illness use as an excuse for the choices they make. Which, of course, doesn't mean the illnesses aren't real. But they can be perpetuated by those very choices.

• Sarah1 month agoReport

I agree with that :) 

Yes one person pushed me so hard I lost my wind, he was snapping at everyone it was about 5 of us 6 including him so he pushed me in a rage moment and he was close to making his head pop as angry as he was so I'm like what the f#%& you pushed me for he said angrily "CAUSE N#%#@ I GOT ANGER ISSUES!!!" so I knocked him the f#&% out and while he was sleep I talked to him and said "yea n###@ I got an issue too, it's called knock a muthaducka out disorder" and walked away while everybody was laughing and cheering for me, after that a good 72 hours to be exact he came around where we hang at and didn't speak just looked angry and crack a minor smile every now and then when someone say something real funny but he didn't laugh and being a real person I made sure no one bring up the knockout at least not around him act like it didn't happen but when he leave you can laugh as hard as you want and that's what we did lol

Only some people are using it as an "excuse".

Most really have it.External or internal makes no difference.

Of course!!!!!!! they take advantage of it and these people use it as their identity almost.. Get the violin out for them i say lol I've not got time to listen to your pity party of a life you had. Mommy and daddy didn't love me enough so i guess i should roll into a ball and lock myself up and cry. Its pathetic. Got raped?? Oh boo hooo. Get over it. It won't scar you for life. Look up girls who got raped and they turn out to be business women who don't take drugs or use any therapy. You're right and ***** don't wanna hear the truth. The ones who attack you are ones who pull out the "anxiety card" 

• Sarah1 month agoReport

Hmm 🤨 a little too far but i kind of a agree with your statement 

Yesss! That's exactly right. Anxiety is subjective and never caused by facts. If i hurt your feelings by insulting you, its not factually damaging you mentally, only the thoughts about my insult can bring you down. So responsibility is on you and always is. Your mate sound like he has had a hard life but if only he knew the mindset you know now. You can teach him more on how actions don't and cant determine your life outcome. Only the mindset can if he believes that it is "bad" was he went through He needs to disbelieve the thoughts that are holding him back and he would start living a great life. 

• Sarah1 month agoReport

:) thank you. Yeah I agree with that

• Wow, your question is full of judgment and ignorance. 

'So bad actions don't cause suffering in long run because of that example'

You haven't a clue in what you're talking about.

I agree anxiety is usually purely your own thoughts, that's why it's called a mental illness. But I think it's less that people are using mental health as an excuse and more that certain people view things differently and cope with trauma in different ways.

Ofc there are some people who really do use anxiety etc as an excuse, but hopefully one day they will get out of that pessimistic mindset. :(

• Sarah1 month agoReport

I agree with that :)

Why is it any of your business what your friend does with his life or not???? If he doesn't want to work. Let him ******* live a life in freedom. He is correct and clued up on what working a job actually means. You are slaving away your existence for rich man who does not know you. You sound like a **** friend. Judgmental ****! 

• Sarah1 month agoReport

Piss off you idiot. You don't know my friend we mock each other like that all the time. Saying "oh you are a slob who doesn't work" he laughs about that