Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

What psychological problems do religious people potentially face?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Brainwashing.  

• Login to reply the answers
  • Piero
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Most of them are judgemental. They exude a "holier than thou" aura. They seem to think they are better than the rest of us. This makes it hard for them to assimilate into a diverse office or shop. Their self anointed morality is often a barrier to being a really good, loyal member of a team. They have a tendency to ignore or object to known science, in many areas. This makes them a liability in many areas. Especially when their employer is an international tech industry. They can never be totally trusted, as they may at any time decide that god told them to do some violent deed.

• 2 months ago

As a religious person myself there is nothing bad . It prevents me from loving things that aren't good for me

• 2 months ago

The same as everyone else, plus the extra burden of guilt, shame, or increased anxiety should they violate their faith. For instance, in Catholicism masturbation is even more sinful than being gay, so devout Catholics who madturbate live with that guilt. An Orthodox Jew who eats pork, a Muslim who drinks, an evangelical who thinks all suffer more shame than a nonreligious person.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

The same as everyone else.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Same as non religious people face

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.