Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Baby oil dissolves condoms? ?

Apparently baby oil dissolves condoms? I didn't know this and we used it this afternoon. I checked up on them after finding it out and they're fine, but I'm a little worried. Is it possible that it'll be fine? It was a last minute addition, it wasn't included the whole time. I'm worried, but is it possible that things will be okay? 

• Jerry

For sex use only lubricants that specify they're safe with condoms. They're sold in the same area of the store that sells condoms.

Condoms are markedly more effective when used correctly. Here is a link to some educational material. https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/birth-cont...

• God

In the future use a water soluble lubricant like KY.  It doesn't dissolve condoms.

• ?

Of course it's possible it's okay. If neither of you have STDs, you won't transmit any. And women don't get pregnant every time they even have unprotected sex.

Don't do this again. The risk is unacceptably high, even if it may well be okay this time.