Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSTDs · 2 months ago

please help idk what’s wrong with me, i have unexplained weight loss?

I'm such a hypochondriac, I always search up my symptoms and think I have this disease or that disease. However this time I've had some serious weight loss idk why. In may of 2018, I weighed about 120 pounds. In may of 2019, I weighed 112 pounds. Now I just started college. I took my weight in September 2019 two weeks after starting college at the doctor's and I was 102 pounds. I don't know if it's because I'm not used to this food or because I'm stressed or something. I went back to the doctor and he said that I should go do some blood tests because he thinks I may have something wrong with my thyroid like hyperthyroidism or something. He also wants me to do a urine test, blood test, and other stuff However, I am so scared that it's something else. Please help me I'm so stressed and anxious everyday just by thinking about this. I am always anxious and sweating and my heart is always racing fast. What do you think this is? :(. I have to wait another week to go get my blood test and I'm freaking out. please help I cant calm down

go to get your blood work done and see what's going on with that.

it's YOUR health. take care of your body. It could be stress from everything about college and all the study and work you're doing. It could be something else. You're not going to know until you follow the doctor's suggestions. And i'm not sure why you wouldn't.

Take care of YOU. You only have one body.

Why on earth are you waiting a week

Don't feel bad. I'm the same way. If I lose weight I have cancer. If I gain, I'm never going to lose weight.  Honestly, anxiety disorders, which we both have, can cause us  to lose appetite at times. Other people use food to relieve stress and gain weight. 

If it's hyperthyroid, you would have a lot more than just weight loss. If you want to gain weight, maybe B-Complex 50 mg. You'll gain two sizes, like from 8 to a 10 pants.    

• daisyellow78

having anxiety is normal and not automatically an anxiety disorder