Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 2 months ago

Immigration ?

Is someone able to help me please? I know someone who came to the uk in 2008 on a spouse visa, in 2010 the visa run out and she was living here illegally. After the home office started to look for her, a case was filed in 2013, the leave to remain was rejected, so then another case was filed for human rights which was also refused. In 2018 she was detained by the home office and released a few days later as she claimed to have made a case based on seeking asylum in the uk, this was also refused, the case has been getting refused. In 2019 she was detained once again to be removed from the uk as she is illegal, she was released after 3 and half months as she filed a case to the home office under rule 35 claiming she and her husband were tortured before and after their marriage. The home office refused their case as they said she lied and only wanted to stay in the uk, the home office have been made aware that she had lied and this was done by friends and family. Nothing as been done or heard from from the home office since October 2019. I was wondering what are her chances of staying in the uk? 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No chance of remaining, it is just a matter of time before she is removed

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Your own account proves people are often able to remain illegally despite authorities knowing they are here illegally for extended periods of time.  It sounds like her days may be numbered, but who knows.  Maybe she can continue to play the system for years.  

• 2 months ago

Slim, probably. They'll get round to deporting her at some point; it looks like she's out of options.

• 2 months ago

Her chances to stay in the UK are about as high as the possibility of an alien spaceship from a galaxy far away landing on the lawn of Buckingham Palace with a flat tire in a size that cannot be found on this planet.

Source(s): An immigrant from Europe, I live on the American Riviera and work as an attorney in Santa Barbara, California.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Her chances are nil. She will be arrested and deported anytime soon.

UK.

• amy2 months agoReport

Thank you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.