Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

I've just taken laxatives when I am about to come on my period...will I be ok for the next day?

So because I'm about to come on my period , I've just binge ate really bad this past week and I'm scared of the weight gain some I've taken Senakot two tablets and it's 6.30 pm where I am...I'm wondering if I'll be okay for the next morning as the last time I took laxatives I was in a lot of pain

• MissA

So you think that being on your period will make your laxative abuse less painful?

Sennoside laxatives give bowel cramps. If they did before they probably will again.

If laxatives cause you a lot of pain, why are you taking them again? doesn't make rational sense.

And if you binge eat, then find something else to do when you have the urge to binge. Drink a huge glass of water, then take a bubble bath or watch a movie or do something else to distract yourself.

• Linda

You may be in for some pain because that laxative always made me sick due to being sensitive to senna. Maybe you need a different laxative in the future?