Citizenship ?

Hi,  I had apply for citizenship last month and was told that a decision cannot be made yet, then 3 days ago I received a mail saying a removal proceeding is pending. Does anyone know what is the next step? I'm nervous

Update:

Sorry I should have add more info.. I'm a green card hold and I apply for U S citizenship. 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The next step is leaving the country.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

So two reasons ( I can think of) you acquired your green card fraudulantly or you have committed a serious crime...either of those 'could' result in a green card becoming void and you being removed.... if you have done neither then I suggest you get legal advise and sooner rather than later

• 1 month ago

You are in deportation proceedings. No citizenship for you. Best you arrange your very prompt return to your own country. You'll be a lot more comfortable traveling on your own ticket than in handcuffs & chains under armed guards after sitting in detention (jail) for an uncertain period.

• 1 month ago

A decision can NEVER be made right after the interview. Every N-400 case has to be reviewed by a supervising Immigration Officer.

What you are describing sounds highly unlikely. The only reason for removal proceedings would be if you have done something that warrants taking away your Green Card, such as a serious crime or material misrepresentation, etc., but if that's the case, you surely would not have applied for naturalization, knowing that they would perform a comprehensive background and database check. You need to tell us why you were denied.

Source(s): An immigrant from Europe, I live on the American Riviera and work as an attorney in Santa Barbara, California.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Citizenship for e.g. Monaco is almost impossible. You need millions to your name and know the Prince.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Sounds like you need a lawyer, stat.

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That didn't happen. Post the real story. Starting with "I am illegal" and going on from there.

• Elizabeth1 month agoReport

Fyi I'm a legal resident in the USA, don't judge and jump to conclusion

• 1 month ago

Citizenship to where?

• 1 month ago

Contact the agency that sent you the letter.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.