Can employers test for nicotine in Canada?

I live in a communist country(USA) right now. Trying to decide if I want to go back to Europe or Canada. I just don't want to live anywhere where anything resembles the US.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Both Europe and Canada are more "communist" than the U.S. is. If you consider the U.S. "communist", then you would find those places worse.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Sure, if they wanted to.  I am unaware of any that do though.  It is illegal in all provinces of Canada to smoke where people work.  This includes bars, or any other work place.

• SweetBoy2 months agoReport

Yes and that's reasonable. But in US some employers tell you not to smoke in your own home. That's too insane for me.

• 2 months ago

The US is NOT a communists country and Canada is very similar in its values.

Yes it is. That's why I want to escape. Thirsty for freedom.

• Bill
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They probably can if they have a reason to, but in Canada, employers don't pay for health care, the government does.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If you think the US is "communist" you likely wouldn't be any happier in Europe or Canada. Unless by Europe you mean the Balkans or Albania.

• ...Show all comments

Europe is much better than the US. Let's start with using the metric system like all normal people. Normal drinking age...reasonable people most who agree with me that an employer should not be able to tell you that you can't light a cigg on your own personal time. Americans are special.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.