Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Could someone who is not convinced that's God exists still believe in one?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm an agnostic theist. What that means, to me personally..? Is just simply that I admit to the possibility of being wrong. Which, to me, is an important matter of principle! As I feel like NOT admitting it would be arrogant, pretentious, and intellectually dishonest, in the WORST kind of way! Which.. I'd say that's the case for everyone. And ideally, everyone should admit it. That our brains are subjective as heck, there are tons of things we don't know, and we could ALL easily be wrong! Plus also..? I admit that my way of doing spirituality, and seeing the divine, is just simply my own subjective way, that works for me. And if it doesn't work for you..? Then cool. You do you.

In all actuality, though..? I don't think admitting these things has really got THAT much of an impact on my spirituality or spiritual experiences, on a day-to-day basis. But.. it hugely informs, and is also a product of, my own personal values. Plus it allows me to be more open-minded.

• Login to reply the answers
  • reme_1
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That is the most ridiculous question....

• 1 month ago

Yes, otherwise how could he ever find out for himself?

• Paul
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

"Believe" and "convinced" pretty much mean the same thing. Someone may be open to the possibility of God existing, but that isn't belief.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

They might leave open the possibility that God exists.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

John 17:3;Heb 11:1;2 Cor 4:4 jw.org

• 1 month ago

Absolutely, happens all the time. I have met Yeshua ("Jesus") a number of times over the past 25 years. He is real, He is alive, He has spoken to me, and I have spoken to Him. Each encounter was unexpected and unique. Search YouTube for "Jesus encounter" and you will see He has appeared to atheists, Jews, Muslims, etc...

• 1 month ago

Ask to receive. Those who haven't received, just haven't asked.

• yesmar
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I imagine so.

• Mack
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Isn't that the faith believers cherish so?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.