Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Could someone who is not convinced that's God exists still believe in one?

Favorite Answer

I'm an agnostic theist. What that means, to me personally..? Is just simply that I admit to the possibility of being wrong. Which, to me, is an important matter of principle! As I feel like NOT admitting it would be arrogant, pretentious, and intellectually dishonest, in the WORST kind of way! Which.. I'd say that's the case for everyone. And ideally, everyone should admit it. That our brains are subjective as heck, there are tons of things we don't know, and we could ALL easily be wrong! Plus also..? I admit that my way of doing spirituality, and seeing the divine, is just simply my own subjective way, that works for me. And if it doesn't work for you..? Then cool. You do you.

In all actuality, though..? I don't think admitting these things has really got THAT much of an impact on my spirituality or spiritual experiences, on a day-to-day basis. But.. it hugely informs, and is also a product of, my own personal values. Plus it allows me to be more open-minded.

• reme_1

That is the most ridiculous question....

Yes, otherwise how could he ever find out for himself?

• Paul

"Believe" and "convinced" pretty much mean the same thing. Someone may be open to the possibility of God existing, but that isn't belief.

They might leave open the possibility that God exists.

John 17:3;Heb 11:1;2 Cor 4:4 jw.org

Absolutely, happens all the time. I have met Yeshua ("Jesus") a number of times over the past 25 years. He is real, He is alive, He has spoken to me, and I have spoken to Him. Each encounter was unexpected and unique. Search YouTube for "Jesus encounter" and you will see He has appeared to atheists, Jews, Muslims, etc...

Ask to receive. Those who haven't received, just haven't asked.

• yesmar

I imagine so.

.........

• Mack

Isn't that the faith believers cherish so?