How do i find verizon's central office?

I'm thinking about trying their fios DSL internet but I need to know where their central office is to make sure it's not too far.

Favorite Answer

FIOS and DSL are completely different technologies.  FIOS runs over fiber optics the distance to the central office is not usually a concern with FIOS.  DSL runs over copper twisted pair phone wire (the crap that was installed in the 1940s), the distance to the central office has some consequence with DSL.

One of the problems with the copper wire between your home and the central office is that it may not take the most direct route.  This is specially true for locations where the wires are frequently damaged due to things like storms.   When the wires break up on the poles the lineman will take an unused pair and create a bridge around the break, which could add many 100s of feet of wire depending on the path taken by the available pair.

Ultimately Verizon will need to tell you if they can run DSL to your location.  

I happen to know where the CO is located in my town.  I just entered where is the "telco name" central office in "town name" in google maps and the answer was damn close. 

• Dick

DSL being a phone line feed is typically a slow internet feed. It is not where their "central office" is but it's a matter of where the closest rebroadcast point is. DSL is fed into the phone system and depending on how far you are from the closest telephone rebroadcasting station. Yes, the signal has to be boosted and rebroadcast at points along the phone system. DSL is overall quite slow. Check this out that I found in a definition of DSL: <<<<< "Fast speed" according to some DSL providers is only 1.5 Mbps (megabits per second). "Lightning" speed, their top, is 15 Mbps. The typical speed for a DSL connection is 6 Mbps, compared to the 100 Mbps top speeds offered by many cable companies. The midrange cable Internet plan likely promises 25-50 Mbps." >>>>> You will be relatively unhappy with DSL since the further you are away from that phone rebroadcast station, the slower you internet service will be. If you can afford high speed cable it will reduce and/or remove the whole internet speed frustration. As an example, I am a Comcast high speed cable customer and I'm typically now seeing speeds of 300 to 350 Mbps at all times of the day and regardless of how many people are online in my neighborhood. So if you can afford HS Cable, check out the prices in your area. Hope this helps.

Central office location doesn't matter. Its distance from facilities  feeding your home that count. That could be in your neighborhood. 

Well...Where are you located?  Verizon has many different offices that would provide fios.  You might call them up, or check their web site for more pertinent information.