If i use click N ship can i just leave the parcel in the blue drop box infront of the post office?

I know i can schedual a pick up from the mailman but i pass my post office everyday on my way to work so i'd rather just take it but not wait in line, so can i drop it in the drop box is i use click N ship?

Favorite Answer

Yes you can, I do it all the time.

Added: Drop boxes are checked at least once a day, often more than that.  Last pick up is usually around 5 PM.  There will be something on the box that tells you times of pick up.

• curtisports2

Drop boxes are NOT checked daily. At smaller post offices, the last collection is Friday afternoon and not again until Monday. You should have read my detailed answer.

If postage is pre-paid electronically, yes. Be aware that there will be zero tracking activity until the package is removed from the box. Unless it's the large main post office of a big city, those blue boxes in front of post office branches sometimes do not get picked from the last collection time on Friday or Saturday until Monday morning. It can sit there all weekend and if who you are sending it to is tracking it, they're likely to think the PO screwed up. You're better off, if you are shipping to customers, to get packages into the hands of a USPS carrier or clerk ASAP. Carriers are supposed to scan them at the time they make a pickup, and a clerk will scan them again when they are brought to the office at the end of the day.

• Eva

You cannot leave anything that weighs over 13 oz. in the drop box. There's a sign right on it.

• Murzy

If it weigh less than 13 oz, ok

Usually, yes. There is a full list of what is and what is not allowed here: https://faq.usps.com/s/article/What-Can-and-Cannot...