Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 2 months ago

How long does it take royal mail to deliver a parcel at this time?

About 10 days ago I ordered something from ebay uk and after all this time I dind't received it yet. They say it is still in transit. It was sent using 2nd class delivery. Does this regularly happen near Christmas

international and 2nd class is 5-7 business days if m not wrong

Don't know about the UK, but here in the states, I figure 10 days to two weeks.  And with Christmas creeping up on us, maybe longer.  

• Biff

It's a bit early for Christmas to significantly delay post. I have known items sent 2nd class to take up to 7 days after physical dispatch to arrive. eBay often marks items as "dispatched" when postage has been purchased which is before physical dispatch. If it is the seller who is saying the item is "in transit" that might be true if they have been slow to post it. Some Chinese sellers who post from a UK base accept "buy it now" orders when stock is still en route from China and are slow to post if it is delayed. If there is a date by which the item should have arrived you could open an "item not received" case if it is late.

• It should have arrived on 29th of November. I ordered it on 26. It didn't arrive yet. It's weird