If banking is so regulated, how doesn't everyone get fired? You are bound to make a mistake at some point...?

That's why I never worked in a bank. I'd get fired about once a week or more.

"Everyone is bound to make a mistake?"  I worked in a bank.  I never once made an error.  The drawer always balanced, never had a customer complaint, became Assistant Manager.

You are setting yourself up to fail if you believe that "you are bound to make a mistake."

• with exception to a nickel one day, my drawer also always balanced. I never received a customer complaint either. I don't believe that, I KNOW it. Which is different from being anxious that something will eventually will go wrong. 

• GTB

It is not the regulation, it is the size of the offense

• In my case, the offense could have easily been corrected. I had a good relationship with manager. She took a copy of id and submitted to HR instead of coming to me. How can you possibly defend yourself? I performed and got fired, whereas others produce nothing and keep their jobs? Backwards.

Mistakes can be corrected.  

• That's what I'm thinking Link. It was so easy to make that mistake. I did not make a deposit after where I would have caught it. I did so much work to do well that I was also in turn exposed to more risk of making a mistake. I wanted to move up as well and I had the results.

Saying it's regulated is just a buzz phrase and word to hoodwink people into thinking it's all safe and sound and not rigged.