Will a neck tattoo stop me from being a paramedic or a firefighter? When I wear a collar shirt you can’t see the tattoo.?

• LM440

In my opinion I don't see how a visible tattoo affects one's ability to get a job.

Per your question concerning a tattoo that is not visible when dressed for work, how can that matter?  No one is going to ask you to expose your entire body on the job or before the selection process.  

• Daniel

How many times are you going to ask?

It depends on the individual department or company's policy.  I have seen departments with policies on the same level as the military and others where it looked like a biker gang was getting out of the rig.  

Source(s): Firefighter & paramedic

Depends on where you live. And if it can’t be seen it won’t be an issue

no................................................. it wont 

• kelvin

no it will not.....

There have been lawsuits about this. Legally they cannot refuse to hire you for having a tattoo. However you just wont get hired and you will never know the real reason if it is because of the tattoo.