Hi, guy, I love reading. I don't whether I should speed read,  or I should just read, read any anytime and anywhere.  ?

• Zac Z

Not sure why you added your picture to the question but whatever!   😆

Here's how I see it.

I'm not super slow as a reader but neither am I a particular fast reader. My sister-in-law reads books with a speed that I could only dream off - it's like she breathes them in! (One thing we discovered is that she apparently doesn't read loud in her head while I do and that might account for some of the difference in our reading speeds but I don't know how to switch off my inner narrator!)

So, considering how much more I could read if I could read faster has crossed my mind, too.

But when I looked into techniques it seemed to me that they generally aim to help you grasp the gist of a text without always reading everything. I didn't do an in-depth research but this is what I came away with.

Now, that might be great for business reading but I don't want to skim my stories!

I've decided that I will rather stick with my natural reading speed than train myself to read in a way that will have me miss out on details.

Obviously, I can't speak for you. You'll have to make your own decision...

Oh, and do tend to read anytime, anywhere.

I read while walking the dog! (To the amusement of some folks, haha!)

I make sure to always take a book with me if I might get into situation with idle time (doctors' appointments; travel by train or plane).

That's a question only you can answer. Whatever works for you.

Just read at the speed that you enjoy your book.