Robert asked in HealthMen's Health · 2 months ago

Why do I have no desire for sex after masturbating? ?

Doesn't matter if she's the sexiest female laying there next to me. If I decide to masturbate earlier in the day I have absolutely no desire to have sex again for hours sometimes the next day. Hard to even get it up, honestly. They say masturbating is good and healthy but it's like the opposite for me and a huge let down. I can usually arouse myself if I'm alone and get it up again but not if I'm with another female which is insanely embarrassing. 

Well, then stop masturbating, simple! Or at least don't masturbate for a few days prior to a date.

• Marc

Are you watching porn? If so you need to stop. The stimulation provided by porn can in no way compete with real life. You are literally programming the brain to only accept porn as the stimulaiton for sex. This is becoming a huhe problem for men. Why do you think the sudden boom for ED medication...the advertising nonstop. Why do you think porn is free? This is by design to slow down population growth.

STOP ALL PORN

• Robert2 months agoReport

I can definitely agree that nothing you see online is compared to the real world. 

• Adam D

That's just the level of your sex drive - about once a day it would seem.  I recommend better planning of your masturbatory activities, if there is a chance of getting laid later in the day, maybe keep your hands off of it.

Masturbation is healthy - but frequent masturbation can often lead to difficulty performing with a partner (especially if you use pron for arousal).

If you watch pron, I highly suggest ditching it, and only masturbating when you actually get the urge (rather than out of boredom because you are surfing pron).

If I find myself having difficulty getting/maintaining an erection while with my wife, one sure fire way for me to get rock hard again is to go down on her.

• Sky

It's the male body's automatic response to orgasm and sexual satisfaction so he has time to rest and regenerate his semen supply.  The climax of orgasm alters the body chemistry such as the hormone levels to temporarily turn off the guy's sex drive.  If it's causing you problems with your ability to sexually perform with a partner, simply don't masturbate during the day before your date night.  That will allow you to have a ready sex drive for when intimacy happens.  And remember, since you'll have only one shot at orgasm and your female partner is capable of many, be sure to spend a lot of time before and after intercourse giving her all the pleasure she wants to provide her with as much satisfaction as she needs.  At least make sure she's approaching thorough satisfaction before you begin actual intercourse so that you can finish together and she won't feel any further need while you lay there not needing anything more.  While some guys are able to go again and have a second orgasm during the same sexual session, that's rather rare so don't feel inadequate if you're unable to do that too.

• David

When you use another in this sentence you are indicating that you are a female " if I'm with another female".

Is that what you mean?

• MissA

You have a long refractory period and some performance anxiety. None of these are "women's health" issues.

• Robert2 months agoReport

Yeah I changed it. Didn't realize it automatically catagorized it.