Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

Would you go in?

Hi. My car is going to be in the shop for half a day to get my caliber and my brakes replaced. Would you call in for the day for this reason or taker a Uber/ Lyft to work?

I would not miss a day of work. Leave your work number at the shop so they can call you to say the car is ready or they need more time to fix it.

Depends on your financial situation, your attendance record at work, and your relationship with your manager. I have seen people fired from a good paying job because of poor attendance. Really stupid.

• Jay P

CALIPER, not "caliber".

If it was summer time, I'd take my motorcycle to work.  In the winter ( it snows where I live so the motorcycle is not a viable option ), I'd take the car to somewhere close to my work so I could walk the rest of the way.

I would find a way to get to work.

• Scott

If my car was in the shop, I'd have my wife drop me off at work. I guess it depends on if you will lose money by calling out and would doing so affect your job?

• Sandy

I would find a way to get to work.

My options are -

Use the shuttle service provided by my mechanic

Carpool with a co-worker

Public transportation - bus