digis asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 2 months ago

Fluent speakers of English, could you help me with my English?

I need to translate a text but I'm not sure it sounds natural for English speakers as I'm not a native speaker. Do I need to make any corrections? I would appreciate any answers.

Our understanding as to what work environment is best for the performance and well-being of office workers constantly change.

One thing is clear, however: it is important to change one’s posture throughout the day and avoid staying in the same position for extended periods of time.

Favorite Answer

Our understanding, of what kind of work environment is the most beneficial for office workers, is constantly undergoing change. One thing, however, is clear. It is important to change one's posture throughout the day, thus avoiding remaining in the same position for extended periods of time.

[Please note: you say "one thing is clear", and then you go on to mention two things.]

Our understanding of what job environments are best for the performance and well-being of office workers is constantly evolving. However, there is a clear consensus that it is important to change one’s posture throughout the day and avoid staying in the same position for extended periods of time.

understanding ... IS evolving

• reme_1

very good. You definitely have an understanding of the language.

You might include getting up and moving around the room or taking frequent short breaks.

• Jerry

In your first sentence, the subject is "understanding" like "Our understanding constantly changeS." The verb should be "changes" to go with the singular subject "understanding." The "as to what work environment is best for the performance and well-being of office workers" part is a subordinate clause, not the subject. Make the verb agree with the subject, not with the subordinate clause.

This is a very easy mistake to make and a lot of native English speakers make this mistake too. Almost everyone would understand your meaning even without the correction and a great many wouldn't even be aware of your error. Good work. 

There is no natural English from an  accent point of view. If you speak correctly you do not have to worry about speaking with an accent. I still do. 

all right bruv sounds pretty sound. don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. you are good english