I have a 2018 camaro every morning when i am about to drive off it makes a noise only when turning the wheel?

l sounds like it comes from the deferential and it only does it when it is cold after a while it goes away does anyone know what this might be ??

6 Answers

Relevance
  • REV B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Is it covered under the power train warranty? Check before you start fooling around with it. 

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Could be low differential fluid, a universal joint going bad. I would take a peek underneath and look for worn boots, differential fluid level, etc.

• Trump 2020
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

U-joints on RWD cars make noise ALL the time, not just when turning.

• 2 months ago

Get it looked at under the warranty.

• 2 months ago

I have an older Corvette with posi, and when it's cold, it makes a sort of thunk, thunk, noise when going around corners. My mechanic put some kind of conditioner in the diff oil, and that helped. He said it's nothing to worry about.

I don't know if that's what's causing YOUR  noise, but thought I'd put it out there..

Attachment image
    • REV B
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I have a blue 1978 
      Corvette. I changed the rear end fluid and added a bottle of additive and sound is gone. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Take it to the dealer if it is still under warranty.

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It if only happens when you turn the steering wheel, it would suggest that it's a steering pump issue...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.