Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

What do you think of my offering someone a sweat-shirt with the recipient's name written on it?

• Edna

I have a T-shirt with my name on it. It has lettering underneath my name, that tells the world what a great person I am. 

• reme_1

ONLY IF THE PERSON LIKE SWEATSHIRTS IN THAT COLOR.

Otherwise you will have a very disappointed person opening up that gift.

• denise

As a gift? If its someone you know, its fine, if not, it could be seen as a little strange.

i dont see anything wrong with that

How can we 'think' anything when you haven't told us who the 'someone' is, what the relationship is between you, and why you want to offer them such a shirt?

I don't think an adult would be thrilled with that-and because of all the pedophiles running around you should never give personally identifying clothing to little kids (thought they love that kind of thing).  It is nice that you would like to give a gift though.  Maybe just don't have a name on it...

It really depends on your knowledge of them. Many people would feel silly walking around with a shirt with their name on it. Probably best for small children.

This may seem to be a strange response, but I would say, consider the golden rule.

Don't do to others what you hate.

Would you like this gift? You would probably say that it depends on who gives it to me. What is your relationship to this person?

Good luck.

it deserves a shank