Will walking 10000 steps help?

Why should we walk at least 10k steps a day? Does it do anything?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Aerobic exercise keeps your body strong and your respiratory system functioning well. Also unless you starve yourself you'll need that in order to burn off enough calories to be able to eat anything that tastes good.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Burns fat, increases circulation, lung function, helps with digestion, etc. - and it's not that hard to do.

I've already taken roughly 9333 steps today - and I've spent most of the day at my desk (although I also did a fairly intense yoga class at 6:00AM).

• Jerry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

As a nurse, it's important that every patient able to walk does so. Those who can walk a mile or more are encouraged to do so. Those who can barely walk to the toilet and back are encouraged to do that much. "Get up out of bed and walk around" is good for what ails you. 

Walking supports good health in many ways, including but not limited to improving blood circulation and heart function, improving digestion and bowel function, improving respiration and lung function. Since everything your body does is powered by blood, nutrition, and breath, anything that improves these will improve EVERYTHING about your health. 

Of course that doesn't mean you should walk on an injured foot or ignore medical advice to avoid walking. But otherwise those little decisions like "stairs or elevator" and "park close or park a bit further away" do add up. Think of how $1 a day doesn't seem like anything but then at the end of the month it's enough money to cover family pizza night. A little here, a little there, and in time it adds up. 

• Coward2 months agoReport

Loved your answer

• 2 months ago

Sure, walking is good exercise and its not hard on the joints. Its also good for stress and controlling blood pressure. But you don't have to follow strict guidelines though. I walk for an hour a day, and that's far less than 10,000 steps.

Okay...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

It requires your body to burn calories rather than store them as fat. That is never a bad thing.

Yes ...that is true...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.