Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 2 months ago

Will Republicans show their humanity by paying to give free housing and medical care to young adults aging out of foster care?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • y
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Back in the late 80's, early 90's. I had two kids that worked for me. Both in foster care. High honors, hard workers, good kids. Looked like they would have bright futures and such but then reality hit. There was no way in the world they could afford college. At Graduation, they were basically on their own. It was very sad, so much potential wasted.  For kids, not only those in foster but all kids, that do what they are suppose to do during the teen years. Stay out of trouble, get good grade, either work or are involved in activities of some sort. They need a path to the next level and it needs to be laid out fairly easily for them.

• Login to reply the answers
  • don
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Sure we will.

BUT WHY DID PELOSI & CO VOTE DOWN A BILL GIVING EDUCATIONAL AID TO CHILDREN OF FALLEN SOLDIERS ? while approving it for illegal immigrants ?

• 2 months ago

Will dems show their humanity by taking free stuff without improving this world?

• 2 months ago

If we do that, young adults from every walk of life will expect to be subsidized with public funds too. Where would it end?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Immediately after the compassionate and caring Democrats step up and lead the way with their own funds. 

• 2 months ago

Since when does foster care grant one a right to free housing and healthcare? Growing up poor doesn't grant you any prize, that just creates an incentive for people to be poor. The only way they can escape that kind of poverty is to destroy any social and cultural barriers that may cause hinderance. Poor kids are never gonna have the same opportunity as rich kids; sad fact of life; that doesn't mean you punish the rich kids or make things more difficult for them. That just creates a society where, instead of having a bunch of rich and middle class kids with a few unfortunate poor kids, all kids will become poor and stagnate.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

What makes them so special that I need to pay more money for more lazy trash?

• ...Show all comments
    • electricpole
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

My first stop after reaching 18 was the Yellow foot prints @ MCRD PISC. I got "FREE" housing and medical care. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.