Samantha asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

What can I use to hold my hair in place?

I brush it, however when it dries after taking a shower, it becomes a hot mess because I have very curly hair. Any suggestions? 

Never ever brush curly hair when it's wet

Never ever brush curly hair when it's wet. Use a wide toothed comb only and use a good curl enhancing leave in conditioner before combing. After detangling  scrunch up your curls a bit and let them air dry.  Never brush curly hair when it's dry, either. All that does is separate the curls and turns them to frizz. Combing is better. If you have curls embrace them and enhance them, don't fight them

You should probably look into mousse styling products or hair serum? It works wonders for me and I have wavy hair.

Do you use anything on your hair like moose or gel, if not give it a try and then use hairspray.

• Satan

Glue? Clamps? Mexican refugee?

I have that problem too, except now I'm starting to embrace my curls a bit more. You could straighten it like I did, and use hair grips/bobby pins and slides. If it's like mine was and goes frizzy and you're prepared to shell out some money, you could find some anti frizz spray at your local pharmacy. Don't towel dry it, that's a huuuuge mistake, it'll go like a birds nest if you do that

hair spray............................

• Samantha1 month agoReport

That's what I thought. Thank you.☺