hope asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Is the Feminist movement for equality or control? ?

I see myself as an equalitist, someone who truly believes in equal rights unhindered by gender. Yet I find, I oppose feminism. So I’d like to get some opinions and insight. Is feminism a movement fighting for gender equality or for female control? Do feminists want equal rights despite gender or just rights for woman? If equality is the goal how do feminist beliefs equate to men and woman having the same rights? If control is the goal wouldn’t the past show that discrimination only leads to uprising? Someone, please, have a discussion with me. Let’s find the middle ground! 

Yes Its not about equality but about women being superiors

Many feminists (including myself) are "equalists", who also want equal rights unhindered by gender.  We both believe in equality of all people, all sexes, and have no intention of ruling or dominating men on the basis of gender.  But we use the word "feminist" not to put ourselves above men, but to convey that--unfortunately--there are still serious social inequities that hurt women/girls worldwide that have not been resolved.  Sometimes I use the word "humanist", but I also use the word "feminist" to acknowledge that specific problems for women still exist.  Most people, I think, know that, but occasionally, I'll meet folks who don't realize women and girls still face unique challenges.  Those folks think we should just be happy we can vote and drive cars....but I think we have further to go (i.e. in the way we raise children, hire and promote professionals, diagnose and treat disease, prosecute sex crimes, etc.)    

total control, that's not even a question friend. They're angry, man hating lesbians

Feminists are narcissistic sociopaths

It is a man-hating bunch of witches.  They don't care about us,  they are pushy,  ugly and SJW people.  Now,  I have some issues with men as it relates to medicine but that is something most feminists do not care about unless it is drama,  which they thrive upon.  And they are ugly. x2

"Is the Feminist movement for equality or control? ?"

Only the Classic Feminist movement that existed decades ago was a movement advocating for women's equality via equal Rights.  This is the definition that made it into the dictionary.  This is also the definition EVERY feminist will give of feminism even if they happen to be an extremist, radical misandrist feminist that practices something entirely contrary to that definition.  Note that this type of "feminism" no longer exists as a movement.

Today's feminism has been absorbed into the cultural Marxist radical social change agenda.  In this sense, it is more about control.  Firstly, controlling the women where it operates through ideological messages on how they should act as women, and what they need to demand of -their- men in order to push forth this change.  Secondly, feminists are involved in a lot of man-shaming in order to keep men under control and subservient to the feminist agenda.

But mostly, the feminist lobby works behind the scenes at the political level to get a lot of favorable legislation passed for women that privileges them beyond men.  And they do all of this under the CLASSIC definition of feminism, so that anyone who notices this and attempts to criticize this operation is called a "WOMAN hater", and not a critic of FEMINISM and their social engineering polices that are never to be discussed.

.

Feminism is liberation of women from the patriarchy. I don't know if you're a man or just brainwashed by third wavers, but you aren't a feminist.

• Chae-won
      1 month agoReport

Male feminists are total wimps

Polls show that most people support gender equality, but most people are not feminist.  Feminism and egalitarianism are opposing, contradictory ideologies.

In the U.S. major feminists groups have lobbied for policies advantaging females over males in education, in job hiring, in business ownership, in healthcare, in domestic violence, in child custody and other areas.  As another answer indicates feminists have gone to extremes to try to censor and otherwise hinder men's issues. There is nothing equal about this.

• robin_lionheart
      1 month agoReport

Any "egalitarian" who opposes equality for women is a very poor egalitarian, indeed.

I think a common misconception is to assume that the neo-feminist movement is unified. Like any large group, there are cliques that have more extreme views than others. I believe there is indeed a small sect of feminists that are more concerned with control, but they represent a very small margin of the movement as a whole. So i’d say it’s fair to say that neo-feminism isn’t about control. Though the campaign, while it has basis, has been messy. It’s often been proven to be biased and does not consistently discuss arguments contrary to it’s claims. A campaign for equality of men and women should include women and men. Until that is a reality it will be hard to prove that neo-feminism is a force for equality. 

• DKG
      1 month agoReport

The 'very small margin, who control the media, academia, policy etc. The rest of you are just useful idiots who vote and cheer for everything they say.

When a group of feminists marches in support of some male who has been discriminated against, due to their sex, then we will understand that they do support equality.  But until that happens they have turned a blind eye to any and all problems that males face.  Particularly ones created by feminists themselves.

It is always easy to see situations in which you, yourself, have not been treated fairly.  To campaign to fix this problem.  That is the basis of the feminist movement.  Most women would claim to be after equality, but only in areas where they are less than equal at the moment.

Men gave up some rights when they accepted women having the vote.  So far women have not been prepared to give up any rights where they have been privileged in the past.  This is why I claim that they have zero interest in equality as a concept.

When the film "the red pill" came out feminists did not watch the film, consider its claims, and then address them.  Instead they tried ( successfully) to prevent it being screened. Basically they did not want any attempt to bring attention to matters where men feel that they are being discriminated against.

Once more this is quite incompatible with any group who seeks equality.

So the evidence is that the feminist movement is a selfish and totalitarian one that simply seeks more for women ( potentially at the expense of men) without regard to whether it is fair, balanced or reasonable.

• hope1 month agoReport

I completely agree that men face problems due to the feminist movement, that’s why I want to know what the movement is really about. They want equal opportunity and equal pay but they don’t want to sign up for the draft or let men have a say on abortion or financial responsibility of a child ect ect