Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

Does being stressed and having depression make people dumber?

I have read that being happy can increase your thinking ability usually because happiness has a direct influence on your brain, and specifically neuroplasticity, your brain's ability to grow and expand, which improves your cognitive function. Stress and depression can cause your brain to struggle with the simplest cognitive tasks. I know a girl who used to be a happy teenager, but when she started getting depressed about her looks and her overweight body, now her intelligence level became lower. I also know another girl who has anxiety and OCD, whenever she loses her thing, she suddenly becomes stressed and panic, so she cannot concentrate on her studies because of that.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

She isn't stressed nor depressed. Try again. She don't have to who you want her to be just because you want someone to be dumb dont mean they are. More dumnbies about than she and if youre calling her dumb you clearly don't know the definition of the word dumb.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

i don't think so.. very smart genius types seem to be very depressed and cynical and tend to have drug problems.. 

• 2 months ago

Yes very true, medical evidence backs it up

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.