Ariel asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Nervous about buying a sex toy.?

I'm an 18 year old female looking for a toy to take things up a notch.

I've been searching on Adam&Eve and found one called Wild Ride w/ boost and I liked it.

It's attractive, made of body safe silicone, and has vibrations and a suction cup.

People said it's about 6 inches insertable and I dunno what a good size is to start off.

I'm a virgin so will it hurt? Or at least be uncomfortable the first few times I use it? I have fingered myself so I dunno if that changes anything.

I'm also nervous I might get it and then find out it does little for me since I've never had a vaginal orgasm.

On paper this vibrating dildo has lots of stuff I want but part of me is scared it won't live up to any expectations I have and I'll have wasted time and money on it.

How do you go about finding the right one? What's a good starter size? Are there any tips on how to go about using it for the first time?

Should I get this toy and something my clit focused in case the dildo doesn't get it done itself?

I'm just alittle overwhelmed at the choices and lost.

• sian

Don't buy on line until you've looked in an Anne Summers shop. You're 18 so no problem going in and they are always helpful. Afterwards you could buy on line but make sure there's a cast iron guarantee and they deliver in plain envelopes. I started with an ordinary dildo before moving on to vibrators.

There is no such thing as a "vaginal orgasm" so stop thinking there is. The female orgasm starts and ends with the clitoris. this is the structure of the female.

We do have the Skenes Gland on the upper wall of the vagina which can be stimulated, and this is a gland that will release a lot of fluid at times. It feels good but it's definitely not an orgasm. Never was.

Dildos aren't even natural and i'm decades older than you. A dildo never did a thing for me.

And as an afterthought, You can give yourself a better orgasm than any man could ever think of giving you. It's still all about the clit.

• Ariel1 month agoReport

I'm aware most get of via clit but the clitoral roots surround the vagina opening.
      I also don't understand your afterthought shade thrown at the poor guys that had nothing to do with this.
      I know I don't NEED someone but maybe I want someone.
      In conclusion, Ok boomer.

You might want to start with a dilation set (basically a series of dildos that get larger, allowing yourself to slowly stretch).

• Ariel1 month agoReport

That sounds all work and no play.
      Thank you for your time tho.

• MissA

Vibrating dildos are IMHO kinda pointless. If you want to try penetration then just get a plain dildo. Not being able to have a vaginal orgasm does not make you broken, or even unusual.