How can I get the background photo to be the right size?

I have put a background image on my website, but the image is zoomed in way too close. I can only get the image to be small or really zoomed in , please help. 

It sounds like you are submitting an image that is not at all a "fit" for the requirements of the website. By that I mean the background image MUST meet specific specifications to look correct. If your photo does not meet those specs, then the site is going to force it into some other configuration. What you need to know are the specs required for the background image on the site. It could be something like 1000 pixels wide at 800 pixels height with a resolution of 72 ppi. If you are submitting a photo that varies from those exact specs, then it will not display correctly. (Again, my specs are just an EXAMPLE). You need to know what is required for your site. I would almost bet the specs are given somewhere on an information page about the site, or if you need to, contact one of the website hosts and find out.

You will have to use a program that allows you full adjustment of your image pixel dimensions and resolution in order to meet the specs.

• keerok

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_backgroun...

Don't understand it? Nothing you can do then but put a large version of the background. That way, the viewers will always have a filled-up screen. There's no adjustment though. If their monitor is huge, they'll see the whole background but if they have a small screen' only part of the background shows.

Contact your website host. You are paying for their help already.