Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionComedy · 1 month ago

Why do comedians have to punch up. Isnt that just a form of censorship?

So now. We tell what comedians should and should not be joking about?

That seems a tad bit fascist and auhtotriahan to me. 

Why should comedians stop joking about certain stuff because it offends a small number of people and yes i mean a small loud vocal MINIOROTY. Because most people laugh at offensive jokes and can actually take jokes as jokes. Hence why South Park, Bill Burr, Dave Chappelle, Jimmy Carr are really successful nowadays. Most people dont seem to care if a comedian is punching up or down. I never heard of this until whiny SJWs started demanding comedians should only start joking about the rich, men and white people.

I've been to 3 Jimmy Carr stand up events in my life and his jokes about everything from white people, men, rich people, poor people, Women, Child Molestation, Domestic Abuse, Rape, Bullying victims, LGBT, Fat people, Disabled, Islam etc and the majority of the audience each time found it to be hilarious. 

• Mark

Free speech doesn't mean free from the consequences of the marketplace.

• TB12

Some comedians don't care, they're the good ones.

Some comedians try to be PC, they don't last very long,

Jimmy Carr is excellent, love his stuff.