Jesus Christ transforms lives of people. Y or N?

The Cross: The Key to Life in Christ

The Teaching That Changed a Group of Young Men and Affected an Entire Nation.

In 2009, a ministry in an Islamic West African country extended 50 invitations to attend its first annual Young Men's Conference. In response, 140 Africans, including non-believers, arrived.

Those formerly active in witchcraft, idol worship, and the occult bowed before the cross and were freed from their sins.

At the conference, a witchdoctor heard the truth of the gospel and repented. He returned to his tribe and, with the ministry leader, preached the gospel to a group of witchdoctors. They repented and burned their idols and amulets.

Seven cell group churches emerged from this tribal group, with four people attending Africa School of Missions. As a result of this conference, 150 people have been baptized and begun discipleship classes. Much evangelism and many more cell group churches have grown out. The entire nation has been effected with the gospel.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Derek
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Jesus sure transformed my life - for the better. And my wife's life - for the better. We were both adults before the real Jesus really broke through into our lives - at different times and in different ways. Nowt spectacular with me - just a gradual realisation, but words cannot express the deep joy of having come to belong to Jesus by faith.

• ...Show all comments
    • Derek
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

Yes, Jesus teaches us about God's kingdom, in the Bible e.g. "Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these other things will be added to you." Jesus is king of that kingdom - if we don't know him and belong to him we can't even see that kingdom let alone get into it Jn 3:3

• Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

He CAN, but he can't do all the work for us. We have to do our part, too.

• 2 months ago

It's amazing how many attend when soup is offered to the starving.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Matt 28:19,20;Matt 24::14;Rev 7:9,10; John 17:3;1 Cor 6:9-11 jw.org

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • barty
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Some beliefs transform the lives of some people. It can be any religion, self-help method or philosophy. There is no real god doing anything.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

the cross doesnt change anything it is an idol,

Jesus words can change those who follow him

• Jesus Christ transforms people, that's true, but of those people you wrote a novel, which church are they?

Because Jesus constituted only one church, not many churches!

So, what is the name of the church they attend?

• 2 months ago

Poisoned plenty, yes.

• 2 months ago

Surely transformed ours. Wouldn't be here, would be depressed, drugged out on legal drugs.

None of that.  Thank you,  Jesus. 

• 2 months ago

Many things transform the lives of people. Death of a loved one. LSD. An extended voyage in a strange culture. Songs. Stories.

Your story, if true at all, has many embellishments. I know this because I spent a few months in West Africa and they LOVE telling embellished stories. Reason why they go for religion.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.