Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

8 weeks pregnant and can’t hold food down? Advice? ?

I’m 8 weeks and 5 days pregnant and this is my first pregnancy. Morning sickness/sickness in general is sort of common for me but the past almost 2 days now I’ve been vomiting almost none stop. Nothing I eat or drink (crackers, water, bananas, ANYTHING) stays down. I’ve called my doctor about it and she just insists everything is okay and just to eat bland stuff but I can’t when it comes back up. On top of this now I have a headache and stuff. What would you do? Do you have any advice? 

My daughter in law did this throughout her entire pregnancy. Her doctor didn't seem all that worried, but the girl was miserable. You can always talk to another doctor for a second opinion.

I hope you start feeling better

When I started having morning sickness it was really bad but I could still eat, I just couldn't eat any of the foods that I had even if they were my favorites, and I'd drink tea if I couldn't drink water. I tried buying new foods and more variety, when I had easier access to get to the store the nausea got a bit better and I only feel sick if I don't eat. It's also easier for me to eat healthy foods like meals with vegetables and fruit, but also junk food like snacks. I'd suggest ignoring what you think you're supposed to eat, and buying different things that looks good to you in the store, if you atleast have something to eat wether it's that healthy or not you'll probably feel better.

I'd change doctors.  It's normal to vomit in pregnancy, especially early pregnancy.  Vomiting non-stop is not normal, and a doctor should at least want to see you to evaluate.  Are you able to keep any fluids down at all?  Because dehydration would be a big concern if not, and if you've told your doctor you can't even keep fluids down and she said you're fine, I'd run from that doctor immediately.

I'd go to a walk-in clinic and get a second opinion from the doctors there. You may need IV fluids because you're dehydrated if you can't even keep water down.