Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 2 months ago

Would you say it’s more difficult to live and have basic housing, food ,clothes all the necessities compared to 30-40 years ago?

Yes. In the 1950s a guy could support a family of five very easily. Wife did not have to work. But taxes went up, expectations on homes went up and today you pretty much need both parents working. And taxes keep creeping up.

30-40 years ago some of our military bases were still using facilities from WW2.

Yes it's much more difficult. Much of it has to do with the disparity in wealth. Housing affordability is a big issue.

Yes. If you are traditional, hard working and do the right thing type individual, it becomes more difficult with every generation. That is the basis of the sociological-economic reason why new individuals tend to be liberal. They sense the difficulty and seek an easier way.

• Earleen

The important thing to do is be the best you can be and do the right things. And don't mess up.  Take advantage of the opportunities that you will have.   It may seem slow, but over the course of a few years, everything will change. So learn to think ahead and be aware, but don't worry about things.

I don't know because I wasn't living on my own 30-40 years ago. I only have the now and all I can say is that I am making ends meet comfortably.

So far.

Yes, the tax structure is a killer, plus all services cost enormous amounts of money, time, and patience.

The rest, especially food prices, are out of this world now.

It is going to get worse for the folks with limited resources.