Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Was the light of the first day of creation Michael the Archangel who is called "the light of the world" and Jehovah's first creation?

John 8:12

I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.

John 12:36 & John 12:46???

Favorite Answer

Please!

Don't give them anymore stupid ideas!

No. None of that is true.

Jehovah is God's (Elohim's) first creation. He does not make his appearance until Genesis 2.

As the Earth's atmosphere gradually cleared, first light, then the sun, then the moon, and finally the stars and planets appeared. Genesis 1 is told from the point of view of an observer on the Earth's surface.

That Jehovah's Witnesses call Michael such things

is not relevant for the remainder of the World

or to the Bible

neither of which call Michael such things.

Jesus’ being the firstborn of all creation involves the law of primogeniture, the right of the one born or produced first. From earliest times the real firstborn son enjoyed special privileges that included succeeding to headship of the household and inheriting a double portion of the father’s property. (Deut. 21:15-17) Kingship and priesthood, too, were inherited by the firstborn son of a king or high priest in ancient Israel. Since Jesus as the firstborn of all creation is a created person, he cannot be Almighty God. The Scriptures repeatedly portray him as in a position subordinate to God.

In no way is this meant to deny the exalted position that Jesus occupies next to God. Before ascending to heaven, Jesus said to his disciples: “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.” (Matt. 28:18, CB) It was appropriate for God to ‘give’ to his Son such authority, since the Son was the firstborn of all creatures.

First Thessalonians 4:16, in speaking of the preeminence of the archangel and the authority of his office, does so in reference to the resurrected Lord Jesus Christ: “The Lord himself will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice and with God’s trumpet, and those who are dead in union with Christ will rise first.” It is, therefore, not without significance that the only name directly associated with the word “archangel” is Michael.​—Jude 9

• @. Michael: I don't need to see the things that the so-called witnesses have in common, I am a Christian, and I know the laws of God!

No Jehovah.  The word was made up by 13th-century Catholic clergyman Raymundus Martini after he was commissioned to translate the Koine Bible to Latin.

Genesis 1:1---Elohim Aleph Tav is God the First and Last--that is Jesus Christ.

You have been deceived in thinking that Michael is Jesus.

• God in His creation not only created the Archangel Michael, but He created billions of angels in one day!

As for the light of the world, I follow what God said: 

John 3:16-18.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever beli

eveth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved by him. 18 He that believeth in him is not judged; he that believeth not is judged already, because he believed not in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

If God said he believed in what Jesus said, I believe, and by doing His will I have eternal life!

Jesus said: I and the Father, we are one and the same!

Is this statement higher than a being called, the Michael Angel?

John 10:30-38 .

30 I and my Father are one.

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

• mac

lucifer was called the morning star...so spin that one

• Derek

Light was not Jehovah's first creation. He created the spiritual realm and filled it before any material creation began. The light of Genesis 1 is material light - in all its forms (not all of which is visible light, visible that is to human eyes). The light of the world in John is a person, not a 'thing' made of matter. The person of the Word existed with God from before time began, and was God, and made everything that was made. You need to prayerfully study John chapter 1 because you are in spiritual darkness and do not have the light of life until you bend your knees in Jesus name.

That's Jesus,  always was.