Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

I need my wisdom teeth pulled but I’m scared of needles, IVs , etc. advice? ?

Favorite Answer

I had one pulled a few weeks ago because of a cavity. I was surprised that it was no big deal, no more than a regular tooth. Went to my regular dentist and talked about it, etc. and he didn't think it was much of a problem, etc. and so I made a appointment to have it extracted. The procedure was routine. The pain killers were the regular shots, the extraction was painless and over before I knew what was going on. There were no pain pills or any pain after the extraction. They give you some wads of gauze to put over the hole in the gum and tell you to let the scab/clot form so it will heal correctly. Don't brush your teeth and leave it alone. A couple of hours after you get back home, you throw away the last used gauze pad, and by the next morning things are back to normal. The only thing the dentist said to me was something that I may hear a crack and not to be alarmed. I did hear something, but it wasn't much and there was no pain. The other thing is that it does not take unusual effort by the dentist to pull it. He does not put a knee on your chest and use both hands on a pair of plies.

If you are between the ages of 16 to 19 years old and have wisdom tooth, it is better to extract it in the case of infection or pain. Do not worry, the dentist in emergency dental clinic will use local anesthesia, so you won't suffer from pain during the treatment process.

If you need more interesting advice, I recommend you to visit the following link :

https://dentalclinictoronto.dentist/emergency-dent...

I had all four wisdom teeth removed at once. I was given nitrous oxide (laughing gas) and then the dentist used novocaine to numb the gums for the surgery. I was awake the whole time, but I felt nothing (except I felt like I was flying).

You might ask your dentist about nitrous oxide or sedation.

You might be scared of needles, but you will be a lot more scared without the anesthetic the needles deliver. It's just a pinch in your gums, and if you breathe during the shots you're going to be just fine. It's not dire pain, just a sharp pinch. I don't know anyone who has died from a novacaine or lidocane shot

The needles that are used these days are thin and give no pain. It's just a little jab and then you bear it for about three seconds and it's done.

You could ask your dentist to administer "knock out gas", where it puts you out during the procedure. You don't need to get a needle, they merely put an oxygen mask over you, you breathe in the fumes for 10 seconds and voila your out like a light.

• oil field trash

The use of sedation is a very common practice and many dentists use it but they need to have someone who is properly trained to administer it.

• Andy C

Get over your fear. Needles are scary bc we have instincts to prevent being probed by a proboscis, but a medical needle poses NO threat and actually is the path to health.

go to a dentist for this

I advise you to ask an actual question unless you want to continue getting reported