greysgirl. asked in HealthDental · 2 months ago

Pain after cavity filling?

I had a cavity filled almost a month ago on November 6, 2019. I was super nervous because my last filling resulted in intense pain and 2 correction fillings due to the constant pain. And surprise, surprise it’s happened again.

I have sensitivity to hot, cold, sweets, chewing, even laying on my pillow on that side of my face flares up the pain. Its a typical ache/ throb and if I don’t take Advil it will progress into sharp needle like pain. I have taken ibuprofen 400mg every 5-8 hours for approx. 3 weeks.

My dentist did a bite adjustment twice now.. waiting to see if the second adjustment works but still lots of pain.

Is this normal?! Why does this happen to me? ;(

• Andy C

You are like me and possess a brain that is highly sensitive. A mixed blessing.

Your brain will eventually learn to ignore the pain so long as it's not due to injury.

Try naproxen instead of ibuprofen. In most cases, naproxen is a stronger NSAID. it also lasts longer on less medicine, so less stress on your kidneys.

It sounds like no matter what is done, you will be in pain. Read about pain management and learn how to manage the pain so that you don't need drugs.

Avoid sweets and most processed foods as they nearly all have added sugars. Added sugar is responsible for much of your pain.

There's no room here for me to explain, but your mouth, gut and body will thank you for avoiding sugars instead of paying you back.

Hypersensitivity is largely due to being sick, and you most likely are. Most Western people are.

Yes, it's freaking scary...but you can save yourself.

Source(s): "Fat Chance..." and "The Hacking of the American Mind " by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D, M.S.A