What sparkling wine has NO citrus?

I need to know what sparkling wine has NO lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit, pineapple, grapefruit, peach,mango, nectarines or pomegranates in it. I can have grapes, apples and berries. I'm going out a this is something that's being served, but I don't know wines. Help please. 

• Suzy Q
    Favorite Answer

Any wine that doesn't have a list of ingredients (actual ingredients, not tasting notes) that includes those.

In theory wine CAN be made by fermenting other fruits than grapes. Usually that's called 'fruit wine', not just wine. And there are products (I wouldn't call them wine) that are basically cheap wine with added fruit juice. But in either case the fruit will be very clearly stated on the label.

If you buy regular sparkling wine (for instance Champagne, Cava, Prosecco, Asti Spumante, Lambrusco, Sekt, Crémant, Vonkelwyn and many others) you will get a product made with grapes and no other fruit than grapes. Even if the tasting notes mention 'tropical fruit like mango and pineapple' or 'yellow fruit like peach and nectarines'. That's what the wine tastes or smells like, not what it's made of. 

• Kellie2 months agoReport

Thank you. I have weird food allergies so I'm super cautious.  Your answer was very reassuring. 

ask for a sparkling cider. most bars have it nowadays.

I have never seen a sparkling wine that DOES have any of those things. If it's called just wine, it only has grapes, as far as I know. If it has something other than grapes, the label says so.

There is no standard wine that has any of those things in it.

• Clive

All of them. Wine is made of grapes. It might taste of other things but it is made of grapes and nothing but grapes.