Is it normal to want to join the p**n industry?

I genuinely want a real career. Like maybe a doctor...…. But I mean who hasn't considered porn? It seems fun and like an interesting industry to join. I'm a 20 year old girl. I ABSOLUTELY would love to have sex with Owen Gray he's my favorite p**nstar ever. And idk it just seems fun. Ik it'll make sex less special and it'll numb me to nudity. That it's an actual job and it's not all fun and games. And I live in a Mexican family. If my parents or anyone ever found out that I ever did porn (which I haven't yet), they'd kill me. But I idk it's just weird.

It's just a fantasy and i'm young so I guess its just hormones talking. i'm not trying to troll. I'm genuinely curious. I'm just expressing my thoughts and fantasies. I don't think I would ever ACTUALLY do porn but it just sounds interesting to me. So I do fantasize about it

So my decision is not to join. Based on everyone's answers, it's not the best decision and could ruin chances of other jobs. And people there are usually depressed on drugs. There's exploitation of my body and I should see it as a temple. It's not paid well either. 

• Arc7
    Favorite Answer

We all have our list of favorite porn stars. But they are just fantasies. Pay is good only if you become exclusive in big studios. A lot of them are miserable with STDs, drug addiction, suicidal tendencies. Many performers have killed themselves. Once you perform a scene and it gets uploaded on the internet, it is permanent. You can't undo it. You should watch Shelley Lubben's testimony.

NO.  Your body is a temple, not a wonderland.  There will be a point in the future that you end up regretting it and it will keep coming back to haunt you at your 9-5 office job when you're 63 years old.  People will use it against you if they find out.  Sex is an intimate act between you and your partner who you love, not the whole world.  Keep your dignity intact.

There are a lot of sketchy characters both working in and patronizing the adult entertainment industry.  It can open you up to things like incurable STDs, extortion, rape, drugs, stalking, human trafficking and other crimes.There was a movie made that was based on a true story.  I can't remember the name of the film but it was about a popular male porn star who rose to fame and decided to venture out on his own when he discovered the company he was working for was making TONS of money off him but only paying him peanuts.  The production company everything they could to try to destroy him because they owned the rights to this fictitious porn star persona they created.  They wanted to continue to reap the rewards and didn't want him to do his own thing so it was kinda like a manipulation or extortion to force him to continue working for them.  Ultimately, he ended up being gunned down and killed.

If all of that was as you say you would be looking at the credits attached to the movies you watch and seeking them out that way. I don't think many people on YA are also talent scouts for a porn movie business.

Hmm, not sure.

People want different things.

Pron used to have the potential to be a somewhat lucrative career - but since the explosion of Internet pron it is saturated to the point that most people aren't going to be able to 'make it'.

Most pron actors/actresses barely make anything for filming scenes (all of the profits go to the production companies), and even famous/semi-famous people aren't going to get paid that much.

That girl from 'Teen Mom' that went and got fake t*ts and did a pron only got paid about $15K - which sounds like a lot of money, but it's barely enough to buy a used Hyundai.

No sure if stupid or trolling. Probably trolling.

It's a common fantasy, dear. No doubt about it.

The money, the parties, all the sex you can dream of, with hot men and women..

But you CAN'T keep it a secret.

It will ALWAYS get out.

And you can only be a pornstar for a limited number of years.

After that it will get in the way of any other career you plan for.

That is why it remains only a fantasy for most of us.

• Brian

My former co-worker's foster daughter was Kendra Jade who split up Britney Spears and Kevin Federline. The porn industry is not what you may think it is.

• mac

its honeslty no where glamous as you think,the pay is junk. the hours are very long, the first yr you might realy like it,but then you will see the behind the scenes..see how alot of the girls look like their on drugs or homeless until make up goes on,the guys dont care who you are.......but go see foryourself,or do real research....

• reme_1

Having sex all the time with strange men. Cameras pointed at your private parts..... Dirty old men recognizing you in public from your movies....….

• cecelia2 months agoReport

Yeah that's what I was thinking too. It's only a fantasy which I most likely will never act on.