what think of people that actually believe these conspiracy theory documentaries about the government hiding UFO sightings and why?

i dont know if anyone reading this paid attention to the Madeleine Mccann disappearance back in 2007, but I was watching a very interesting documentary on this and it had me thinking "yeah, the parents are definitely guilty of covering up and conning the public"...but then he started delving off into talking about how they were into some type of high level "pedophile ring" involving top level politicians in the U.K. and even involving Sigmund Freuds son. and just lost me and i found out he was

WAS ALSO MAKING UFO SIGHTING DOCUMENTARIES. AND I JUST THOUGHT" WOW, I HAVE BEEN LISTENING TO A LUNATIC?

• MARK
    Favorite Answer

It is most improbable that we have been visited from another planet. It is not as simple as catching a flight from one continent to another. There are huge difficulties to be surmounted to travel the distances that are involved.

There simply is no evidence that we have been visited from another planet. If we had who is to say the governments on Earth could cover up the fact. If any species had the technology to get here they could not be constrained by any government on Earth. I also doubt they would make the journey just to say 'hi'.

Where the McCanns fit in with this I do not know. They are paying the ultimate price for their own crass stupidity. They made the error of leaving their children unattended. For that, there is no excuse. I sometimes think they ought to have been prosecuted for this neglect, but what punishment could be worse than losing their daughter? In addition, putting them in prison for child neglect would not be the best for their other two children.

Those tv shows are not documentaries, they are just entertainment, science fiction. However, it is likely that governments see some unknown crafts and they keep this secret. But that doesn't imply they are extraterrestrial. They are just unknown.

• martin

Most people you talk to don't put much stock in this. It seems imaginary.

Reality is the distances don't work. There is no super intelligent life in our own solar system, anything from farther out than that is just too far away to get here, even if they were as advanced as humans are as opposed to say any of the other apes even. Odds are great that life exists elsewhere, it's just not going to find us here.