Getting my ears pierced but don’t know the healing process...?

I have a job that does not allow me to have my ears pierce but I want to get my ears pierced. Can I get my ears pierced and not put them on during work? Will they close up if I don’t leave them on? I usually work for 6-8hrs/5days

I’ll also want to mention I will be getting earlobe piercing and industrial piercing. 

Ask dr...........

You cannot do this.

Once you get the piercings done, the jewellery has to stay in until they are COMPLETELY healed. This takes 3+ months for lobe piercings, and 6+ months for cartilage piercings.

Taking them out will irritate the piercings, causing longer healing times, a high chance of infection, and other issues.

Basically - you can't get them done until you're in a position to let them heal.

About the regular piercing- as long as you wait at least 3 weeks after you get them pierced, you can remove the earrings and then put them back in- BUT, there is a very big risk of getting an infection because the piercings are still relatively new, and constantly removing them and putting them back increases your chances of an infection.

About the industrial- I understand that's it's a cartilage piercing? If so, then it's better to not remove it for a few months. 

• audrey

Nope. They cannot be removed AT ALL for several months. Weird job that does not allow pierced ears.

Yeah they'll heal up. They need to be in constantly for a couple of months for the lobes and at least 6 months for the industrial

Yes, they'll close.