Buying a new Desktop?

Im thinking about getting a pc with  8GB Memory

1TB Hard drive, Do you think this is enough, I dont do much. Im not a big gamer or anything just simple stuff like pics fb games

• falcon

You can buy a desktop computer with 8GB memory and add another stick of 8 GB latter if you think you need it.

It is fine, but more RAM= faster speeds

I would go for a laptop, desktops cause anyone to have their adhd to kick in and for them to leave and run away from them 

Laptops can be slept with, lied down with, moved around easily. 

Yes that's good enough for regular usage

• Frank

8 GB is a minimum. Windows is a pig. More ram you give it, the better it runs. With all machines I would recommend an SSD as your primary partition And the one terabyte as your secondary data storage.

I would imagine 8 GB would definitely be enough! I would go for an SSD (solid state drive) over  a hard drive, though! Much faster, more efficient, virtually no heat, etc.! :)

Based on what you described, that sounds fine. However, I would go with an SSD+HDD combination. You have your Windows OS and some programs installed on the SSD and you use your HDD for general data storage like pictures, videos, and music. SSDs are a lot faster than hard drives. This makes your PC startup and shut down much faster and overall more responsive. However, they're currently more expensive per gigabyte (prices are always falling). Something like a 240 GB SSD+ a 1TB HDD would be fine for what you do.

• k w

just check the minimum requirements for the OS......I'm likely gonna checkout LINUX

after 7 is no longer supported, been thinking about it for months.....

• k w
      1 month agoReport

If I got room for both, I will...anyway can't stand 8 or 10 so I'm being a rebel...thx man....

• Tommy

That should be fine but memory is cheap. I recommend you bump the memory up to the limit of the motherboard. Then again, 8 will probably be enough for what you need and you can always upgrade later if you need more.

it sounds okay to me