Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

I hate my body?

I hate every thing about it. I’m 48 with polycystic ovarian syndrome. I can gain 10lbs just thinking about food and my face is covered in boil like acne. I have one the size of a nickel on the edge of my eyebrow sticking out so far that it’s casting a shadow over my eye. My chin is a disaster causing the glands to swell and be sore because of all the infection from the acne. I don’t see other women walking around looking like this! And the weight.... I give up. What’s the point? Between my face looking like a$$ and my weight, what’s the point of trying to look decent? I look like an embarrassment that needs to go hide in a cave. Doctors are useless..... why should I care about myself anymore? 

You have to eat for insulin resistance. Unfortunately it means giving up foods you probably love and you have to work out. PCOS affects people differently so some women get acne, some have too much hair. It's your body having difficulty handling insulin and it leads to metabolic issues. See an endocrinologist for your PCOS. See a dermatologist for your acne. Maybe see a nutritionist to eat for your condition. Stop eating sugar and simple carbs - your body can't handle it. No sugar substitutes either. Get your sweetness from fruit. No juice because that's sugar without the fiber to slow down the absorption. There are tons of online and real-life support groups for PCOS. But in addition to doing things for your physical self - you have to work on the inside too.

You should only care for yourself because you care about yourself and not other people. If you don’t find yourself important enough to take of, I believe you have depression or another problem and need to get checked in with a therapist.