What are some disorders these symptoms may represent?

I feel like I may have a severe developmental and/or psychological disorder that went undetected since early childhood due to moving around so much and having high intelligence/early graduation. These are “weird” things that I do that I’ve never discussed with anyone:

-if my right hand touches something, I have to touch it with my left hand too

-I sometimes “space out” and hold my hands together, fantasizing for hours

-I can’t be in bright light after showering

-i get very obsessed about topics I care about

-no interest in fun topics, only education 

I know I have PTSD but I am starting to be curious about maybe Asberger’s or something. I recently scored in the 99th percentile nationwide on a math entrance section for nursing school. I’m very detail orientated. Always socially awkward. Since birth. 

Thing is, I’m 25. I’ve gotten away with internships and independent work so I think my social awkwardness isn’t “exposed” a lot


There’s also very limited types of food I eat 

4 Answers

  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    Right hand / left hand touch. and limited foods, Sounds like OCD.

    Space out sounds like ADHD.

    Bright light after showering... Might be a physiological problem

    obsessed about topic, but also, you say no FUN topics only education... Do you mean you don't find things fun?

    It sounds like you have an highly active analytical hemisphere but to phase out to fantasise means your creative hemisphere.

    You should definitely see your doctor to get to a psychiatrist as no one has a single psychiatric disorder, everyone has symptoms of mixed disorders but the diagnosis is made on which symptoms present the most.

    It doesn't sounds serious, and it might just be a case of mild medication could sort it out in a few months.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    That's weird but I never heard of it.

    Maybe see a doctor.

    He can advise from there.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    i would talk to a psychiatrist about it

    • Login to reply the answers
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    maybe you should go see a psychiatrist, they can let you know what you have

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.