I need help in this chemistry homework, please help ?

1-The boiling point of an aqueous solution is 101.63 ∘C. What is the freezing point? 

freezing point:°C

2-If a 0.570m aqueous solution freezes at  −3.30∘C, what is the van't Hoff factor,  i, of the solute?

Consult the table of  K f values.

i=

3-Assuming 100% dissociation, calculate the freezing point (Tf ) and boiling point (Tb) of  2.83m Na2SO4(aq). Colligative constants can be found in the chempendix. 

Tf= ∘C

Tb= ∘C

4-When 24.7g of an organic compound known to be  65.45% C,  5.5% H, and  

29.06% O by mass is dissolved in745.7g of water, the freezing point is  −0.560 ∘C The normal freezing point of water is 0 ∘C  What is the molecular formula for the organic compound? Assume that the organic compound is a molecular solid and does not ionize in water.  Kf values for various solvents are given in the colligative constants table.

molecular formula: CHO

5-A metal, M, of atomic mass 56 amu reacts with chlorine to form a salt that can be represented as MClx. A boiling point elevation experiment is performed to determine the subscript  x, and therefore, the formula of the salt. A 44.5g sample of the salt is dissolved in 100.0g of water and the boiling point of the solution is found to be  

379K. Find the formula of the salt. Assume complete dissociation of the salt in solution.

formula:

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

What does this have to do with personal finance?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.